Monday, December 17, 2007

dcruzinphotography.com launches!

I've been passionate about photography for the last 5 years or so, and only recently did I think I could potentially turn this into a business. Right now it's still just a hobby, but who knows what crazy plans God might have for me. Anyway, I just launched my own photography website at: http://dcruzinphotography.com/. Right now I am selling prints online through a website called Imagekind.

Since that site charges quite a bit for printing, and most of you who read this blog are friends or family, I'd be happy to do the printing and shipping myself for at least 50% off. So, if you see any photos you'd like to order either framed or unframed (maybe as a Christmas present for someone ;), send me an e-mail and I can hook you up!

As my last post alluded, to I'm trying to brainstorm ways to make a difference in the world, so I'm donating at minimum 10% of all profits to help Filipino street children go to elementary school (Yes, even elementary school there has tuition!). My aunt in the Philippines works with these kids through her church, and I'd like to lend her some support. I hope to either start a non-profit or partner with an existing one in the upcoming months, with the tentitive name flYp: Filipino Local Youth Project. Plans are still developing, so stay tuned (and let me know if you'd like to be involved!)

As for the photo site, here are some previews:


The sunset at Carmel Beach in California.


A jetty jutting out into the Pacific Ocean at Point Reyes National Seashore, north of San Francisco, California.


Sunlight streaming through the clouds from the Seattle waterfront.

Let me know what you think, and I'll be updating that site regularly with new photos and also posting the bigger updates on this site as well.

Enjoy, and feel free to join the Facebook group :)

No comments: